Mad Campers is MAD about amazing experiences.
Founded in 2017 by Pete, Paul and Andy - 3 kiwi blokes who believe the best way to see our beautiful country is to experience every inch of the way. Our passion for exploring NZ’s great outdoors has led us to the campervan industry, where we are fanatical about delivering the best possible vans, service and experiences to our customers.
Because we’re travellers too we understand life’s much better when you are cruising in comfort, so we’ve developed the most comfortable and functional 2 berth campers on the market. We realise there is a lot of choice out there so we work hard to make the decision easy for you; from our airport shuttle service, the premium finish in our campers, and all the epic times with our nationwide tourism partners we are focussed on making sure you have the time of your life in NZ!
Oh yeah - just so you know we’ve put a whole lot of effort into making sure our campers comply with the latest Freedom Camping regulations meaning you can travel and stay as you please in ANY camping site across the country!
So go MAD and come aboard with us, we’re excited about what’s down the road:)
Because our business is founded on making sure you have the time of your life while here in NZ. We are prepared to go the extra mile (kilometre in NZ) to ensure you spend your time enjoying what our beautiful country has to offer.
All our Campers are high roofed Nissan Vanette’s (or similar) which are incredibly reliable and built to go the distance. Because we have an in-house mechanics centre we have complete confidence in all our vehicles, and should anything ever go wrong we have the knowledge and expertise to fix it quickly! It is imperative to us that any problems are resolved immediately so that you can get back on the road - and your holiday!
Examples of our MAD service:
- Freedom Camping / Self Contained – It’s really important to us that you can travel as you please* in our great land, so we’ve made sure that every one of our campers is compliant with the 2017 Freedom Camping laws and regulations. We are also really proud to be a member of the NZ Motorhomes Association.
- Airport collection service – just let us know your flight details and we’ll be there to greet you when you touch down.
- Driver training session – among other things we drive on the left side of the road here in NZ, so we spend some time making sure you are comfortable and confident to hit the road.
- Camper induction – to help you make the most of your vehicle we take the time to make sure you understand your camper and everything it has to offer
- 24 hour roadside assistance with AA – we’ve got your back no matter where you are.
- Heaps of extra’s – because your comfort is REALLY important to us we’ve made sure there’s heaps of extra’s packed into your camper. We provide a fully functional kitchen and utensils, all bedding, Bluetooth radio with USB, LED lighting, security lockboxes and car alarms and more!
- Tourism partnerships – we’ve got friends all across the country so can point you in the right direction and offer great discounts if you are looking to take part in some adventure tourism.
- Unlimited Miles – get off the beaten track and go as far as you can while on holiday!
- Discounted petrol – all vans come with an AA Smartfuel Card giving you access to discounted petrol all over the country
- No hidden costs – we dislike nasty surprises just as much as you do so are committed to transparent pricing!